Course Duration in Hours
ADVANCE EMBEDDED SYSTEMS DESIGN
This course is for 0-3years experience engineer who are interested in the field of embedded system software or hardware. The course duration is 5 month and it is only available in Bangalore.
1. EMBEDDED C PROGRAMMING [15 classes]
2. INTRODUCTION TO EMBEDDED SYSTEMS [1 class]
3. EMBEDDED OPERATING SYSTEM DESIGN [4 class]
Embedded OS concepts synchronization/scheduling/Interrupts.
Design of Embedded OS which includes customization of Scheduler for Embedded systems.
RTOS (QNX, Qualcomm s L4, REX and uCOS) and Linux kernel.
Discussion on How to choose OS for embedded systems?
4. EMBEDDED SYSTEM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT/ARCHITECTURE CONCEPTS [3 class]
Software Architecture Overview - ANDRIOD/LINUX/QNX
Need of Cross-compilers.
Bare-metal Platform and its usage in embedded systems.
Linux system boot procedure and boot-loader(UBOOT)
5. EMBEDDED HARDWARE (Includes several PPT presentations) [8 classes]
System ON Chip Architecture OMAP platform
Memory Mapped I/O and GPIO
Watch Dog Timers.
Peripherals like UART, ADC, SENSORS(Accelerometer and Temperature sensors)
Interrupt Controller (INTC) and DMA engines.
Clocks and different Memories(includes Internal RAM, Cache)
Power Management Hardware.
I2C and SPI hardware including protocol.
Tips for debugging hardware.
On-chip JTAG debuggers Lauterbach Presentation.
6. ARM ARCHITECTURE ( Includes a video presentation) [ 4 classes]
ARM Register sets.
ARM Instruction sets.
Processor Modes/ Exception Modes.
Debugging ARM exceptions using map file.
ARM Cortex-A8 vs. Intel Atom
7. Embedded Linux (Includes several PPT presentations) [ 10 Classes]
Linux system overview
Basic Linux shell commands.
System Call and Kernel Data-structures.
Kernel Synchronization - Spinlocks, Mutex and Semaphores.
8. Linux Device Drivers( Includes code walkthrough for example drivers) [ 10 classes ]
Kernel Memory Allocation.
Char and Block Device Drivers.
Device Tree usage.
Platform and Peripheral Drivers
Use cases Keypad Driver and ADC Drivers.
9. Linux kernel other ADVANCE TOPIC (Includes several PPT presentations) [ 7 classes ]
Crypto Hardware Accelerators.
Linux Key Management.
Linux Kernel and SMP systems.
Linux DMA and DMA Buf.
GPS and I2C device driver.
10. Hands ON Beagle Board. [ 4 classes ]
Booting up the Board.
Running basic applications on Board.
Debug tips on Beagle Board.
DIploma Students and Engineering in Electronics & Communication
WEBER TECHNOLOGIES, Indira Nagar (Bangalore),Bangalore,IN